Saturday, August 29, 2009

Top 50 Movies of All Time Ever

(that I've never before seen.)

Here's the list of Great, Classic Movies I came up with based on the IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes, and the AFI 100 Years/100 Movies lists. If you would like to argue that something should not be on this list, feel free to! If you think I've made an egregious error leaving something out, you should also feel free to recommend a film, with the caveat that it may have been left off because I've seen it already. As I watch these movies, I will make posts about them, but I will come back to this post and create links on the list to those posts, turning them blue a la goal completion on The Master List.

1. Godfather
2. Citizen Cain
3. Casablanca
4. Raging Bull
5. Singin’ in the Rain
6. Gone with the Wind
7. Lawrence of Arabia
8. Schindler’s List
9. The Wizard of Oz
10. City Lights
11. 2001: A Space Odyssey
12. All About Eve
13. Seven Samurai
14. The Graduate
15. On the Waterfront
16. Chinatown
17. Grapes of Wrath
18. High Noon
19. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
20. Apocalypse Now
21. The Maltese Falcon
22. One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
23. Annie Hall
24. The Best Years of Our Lives
25. Dr. Strangelove
26. King Kong
27. Bonnie and Clyde
28. The Philadelphia Story
29. A Streetcar Named Desire
30. North by Northwest
31. Rocky
32. Taxi Driver
33. Schindler’s List
34. The African Queen
35. All the President’s Men
36. The Terminator
37. Fargo
38. Rosemary’s Baby
39. The Wages of Fear
40. Fanny and Alexander
41. Sunday’s Children
42. Yojimbo
43. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
44. The Usual Suspects
45. Forrest Gump
46. Pan’s Labyrinth
47. Hotel Rwanda
48. Requiem for a Dream
49/50. Alien(s)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, at my apartment, my room mate owns the following: The Godfather, Dr. Strangelove, and Requiem for a Dream

(hinthinthint<3)

Ali said...

you listed Schindler's List twice.

I'm going to have to make a similar list of movies I need to see. I think a lot of your goals are going to inspire me to act in kind.

Cari said...

Katelyn - excellent. And now that I have an automobile of my very own - more excellent. I'll IM you for further arrangements :)

Ali - So I did. I guess that means I extra-need to see it? I'll go back to the long list and find a suitable replacement. I like listmaking. A lot of these are movies I vaguely knew I wanted to see, but now they're all in one place for easy reference. It's very useful. And. I'm dying to know, what were you doing up at 5am on a school night?