Monday, September 7, 2009

Picnic on the beach

In addition to getting an epic sunburn on my shins yesterday afternoon, I completed my first goal: number 82, Have a picnic in a park with at least one good friend and a bottle of wine. What I originally had in mind when I wrote this goal was a shady, grassy knoll in Central Park, with an actual picnic basket and wine glasses. But my friend Katelyn was home from school for the weekend, and asked if I wanted to picnic on the beach with her, and it was great.

We had sandwiches, oranges, and cupcakes, and, of course, wine (albeit in solo cups, because it's technically illegal to drink on the beach here). It was fabulous. The sun was slightly blistering, but there was a constant, cool(ish) breeze blowing in and - the best part - we were far enough north that our little segment of sand wasn't completely packed with holiday weekend tourists (or fellow townies, more likely). We stayed out for a good two hours or so, thus the sunburned shins, catching up and all that jazz.

I'm kind of glad something light and fun like this was the first goal I finished; it's a good precedent to set, a good tone for the whole 1001. Now, to get back to work on those notes for the screenplay...

0 comments: