Friday, September 4, 2009

Sundries - Part 3

81. Buy something from a local artist.
82. Have a picnic in a park with a bottle of wine and at least one good friend.
87. Complete my 1000 piece Kandinsky puzzle and frame it.
88. Throw a dinner party for at least six people (myself included).
90. Intentionally go out in the pouring rain and soak through.
91. Write down dreams first thing in the morning for two weeks.
96. Go to bed before midnight for one full week.
98. Have at least five indoor plants alive for at least three months all at once.
101. Accumulate $5005 in the Imaginary Fund.

I'm not trying to crap out of finishing the detail posts, but all of these (except for number 101) are legitimately self-explanatory and to write a blurb explaining each of them seems a little ridiculous to me.

Instead, here's the reasoning behind number 101: The Imaginary Fund is something I've thought about creating periodically in the last four years. It's a combination emergency savings account/travel fund/off-limits-until-I'm-grown-up-place-to-stash-some-money. It's called "The Imaginary Fund" because obviously, I don't want to count it in my head with all my other bank accounts. I don't want the money in it to be totaled in, basically; I want to pretend it isn't there at all. When these 1001 days are over, I'll be 25, and I like the idea of giving myself a financial foundation for the future. I would imagine this would go without saying, but I don't plan on exhausting those other accounts to meet this goal - unlike the state of Florida's education/lottery scheme, this money is on top of, not in lieu of, financial security in my checking, savings, and credit accounts.

0 comments: